Mapping your customer journey is a brilliant exercise for every practice owner to do at least once a year. This basically involves experiencing your practice as if it was for the first time as a client. Here are some of the things to look out for:
- What is the website user experience like?
- What is the experience like when booking an appointment by phone?
- What happens when you cancel an appointment?
- What is the first thing you notice about the approach to the practice? E.g. signage / paint / branding
- What is the welcome like on the outside of your premises?
- What is the first smell that greets you when you walk into the premises?
- What is the overall impression of the reception area? Is it tired or cluttered?
- What is the comfort level in the reception area? What does the consumer have to look at?
- What is the journey to the treatment room like?
- Look around the treatment room and ask yourself what could be done to improve this room? Is your branding clear? What message are they getting?
- What do they leave with, in their hands?
- What is the last moment that you have with the client? How can you improve it as an experience?
Once you have mapped out all of the touchpoints for your customer you then look at ways you can improve each and every one of these. You do not only want to be of acceptable standard at each of these touchpoints.
What would you need to do to make it EXCEPTIONAL?!
If you knew someone you have admired and respected for years was coming to the practice and you were going to pull out all the stops – what would that look like?
Customer experience is what drives referrals and there are ALWAYS things we can improve on so it is well worth the time to take a fresh approach to this each year for your business.
ABOUT DIGITAL PRACTICE
Led by Marketing expert, Muireann Fitzmaurice, DigitalPractice.ie is a social media agency that create branded social media content for professional practice owners. It is a subscription service that provides physiotherapy-based content to the practice owner on a monthly basis that can be used on all social media channels. Saving you time and headspace each month to concentrate on other areas of the business.
If you need help with your developing the total marketing strategy for your business, we have packages available.