When it comes to leveraging social media for physiotherapists, visuals really are the way to go. Here are some stats to get you motivated:
- Instagram: Image content has ten times greater engagement than all other social media platforms *Source Business Insider.
- Facebook: Photos on Facebook generate 53% more likes than the average post.” *Source Hubspot
According to Wishpond,
- photo posts attract 104% more comments than the average post, and photo posts receive 84% more link clicks than text and link posts.
- Online content with relevant images gets 94 percent more views.
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social networks than other types of content.
So why is visual content more effective than written content? Not only are visuals great for engagement, science shows that your brain processes visual information better than any other type of content.
There are numerous studies and research done on the efficacy of visual content on our brains. In fact Studies show that an estimated 65% of people are visual learners and 95% of the information transmitted to your brain is visual. Visual content also shows great results for website traffic and engagement, according to DemandGenReport:
- Conversions increase by 86% when used on landing pages.
- Landing pages that have visuals are 40 times more shareable.
- Infographics used on a website can increase website traffic by 12%.
- Only 20% of words used on a webpage are read by the average user.
- Your brain only takes 150 milliseconds to process a symbol and 100 milliseconds more to attach a meaning to it.
All of these statistics tell us one thing, visuals work.
So, what are you waiting for? Go start creating visual content or check out our blog on Tips To Using Visuals In Your Physiotherapy Content!
Find out more about our social media services here: https://digitalpractice.ie/digital-marketing-services/
ABOUT DIGITAL PRACTICE
Led by Marketing expert, Muireann Fitzmaurice, DigitalPractice.ie is a social media agency that create branded social media content for professional practice owners. It is a subscription service that provides physiotherapy-based content to the practice owner on a monthly basis that can be used on all social media channels. Saving you time and headspace each month to concentrate on other areas of the business.