Content Creation is the process of planning, creating, and optimizing content that meets (and hopefully exceeds) predetermined goals.
It is one that typically covers:
- Identifying and setting measurable goals for each piece of content.
- Understanding how a piece of content contributes to your overall marketing strategy.
- Developing ideas that will meet these goals that could involve brainstorming, competitor research, or keyword analysis.
- Planning and producing valuable and more over, interesting content.
- Constantly optimizing and improving content based on how a piece of content performed.
- Measuring results and analysing why the results came out a certain way, what can be done to make it better?
Content can take many different forms. Especially in the age of technology and social media and television.
A successful content marketing strategy acknowledges the benefit of using different kinds of content to meet your audience’s needs, and formats that are successful for one company doesn’t mean they will be successful for another..
Some of the most commonly used (and most successful) types of content that you could create include:
- Blog posts
- Long-form content and guides
- Case studies
- White papers & eBooks
- Data studies
- Interactive tools
- Podcasts / Audio
Don’t forget you need to create content with a purpose and create content that stays true to your brand’s voice. And while this sounds simple, it is not uncommon for content to be created with a schedule that includes a number of different pieces of content each month.
Content goals are often very different from one business to another because they’re based on so many different elements like target audience and brand values, but they could include:
- To increase direct sales or conversions.
- To drive an increase in traffic.
- To earn links to increase organic visibility.
- To engage with past customers and clients.
- To increase brand awareness and build community.
ABOUT DIGITAL PRACTICE
Led by Marketing expert, Muireann Fitzmaurice, DigitalPractice.ie is a social media agency that create branded social media content for professional practice owners. It is a subscription service that provides physiotherapy-based content to the practice owner on a monthly basis that can be used on all social media channels. Saving you time and headspace each month to concentrate on other areas of the business.